Maca, is a root that belongs to the radish family, and is an endocrine adaptogen, which means that it contains nutrients to support natural hormone production rather than the hormones themselves. Maca’s health benefits have been long valued by ancient cultures as it’s rich in vitamin B vitamins, C, and E. It also provides plenty of calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and amino acids. Maca has also widely been used to support women's health and mood as well as to give an energy lift.
So can you see why these are my go-to snack??
Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups dried figs (preservative free)
- 1 ½ cups shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maca
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Blend all together in a food processor until you have a golden dough-like consistency
- Roll into balls and then roll in a little more shredded coconut
- Store in the fridge or freezer
* I find that these keep in the fridge for about 2-3 weeks with no change in taste or texture.